Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Cream Cheese Pastry

This is one of my most requested recipes. The dish is always licked clean. I remember years ago someone at Pine Grove made this dessert. Angela and I fixed it often, then like most recipes, we found a new one and forgot about the old one. My friend Wendy made it for some event at school and flash back of goodness crossed my mind. The recipe is from the Mount Pleasant Baptist Cookbook, in which Connie Hines submitted. Enjoy....
Cream Cheese Pastry

2 packages crescent rolls
2 packages (8 oz) cream cheese
1 cup sugar
1 can of pie filling (I like cherry)


Preheat oven to 375

Press one of the crescent rolls in the bottom of a 9x13.
Mix the cream cheese and sugar until fluffy.
Spread over the crescent roll. Spoon the cherries over the filling.
Place the second crescent roll over the top. Press the seams together.



Bake until golden brown.

Melt 3 tablespoons of butter, mix with powdered sugar and a little milk to make a glaze for the top. Serve hot.










1 comment:

  1. Looks delicious. Thinking that I am going to have to try making this for our next Church or family gathering. Thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete